Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Uncle Phil's thoughts on THE DUKES OF HAZZARD


THIS IS A GUEST POST BY UNCLE PHIL BOB KRAUSE. HE IS A FUNNY GUY WHO HAS WRITTEN SOME COMICS FOR ME TO DRAW IN THE PAST. ENJOY HIS MUSINGS ON THE DUKES!

Some thoughts after watching Dukes of Hazard as an Adult:

"If I were Boss Hogg, I wouldn't wear white suits exclusively all the time. There's only like two paved roads in his whole county, he'd be constantly dirty."

"Cousin Bo. Cousin Luke. Cousin Daisy. Uncle Jesse. None of them are Jesse's kids, I am 99% sure that none of them are siblings. That's six dead, jailed, or just plain gone parents before you start counting Cousin Coy and Cousin Vance."

"I'm pretty sure that there are better fight scenes on Benny Hill. I might have been in better fights than this and I'm an indoorsy wuss."

"Why is Roscoe always chasing the Dukes? He knows where they live and they can't leave the county."
"Boss Hogg was a bootlegger. Uncle Jesse was a bootlegger. How come Hogg runs the county and Jesse has two pairs of overalls and probably enough food to maintain a healthy and luxurious hick-beard?"

"It's a little odd that three attractive adults never really date anybody."
"How come Daisy is the only one with a job?" 


Also: "The Duke boys seem to have lots of black friends and acquaintances. I'm not saying they're racist (and they never act as such in the show that I can recall) but I don't know if I would hang out with guys with a car named "The General Lee" with a stars and bars painted on the top if I were a southern black guy in the early eighties." 

1 comment: